Friday, May 4, 2012

JOB

I've been kinda busy lately but I'm in a good mood..

I'm proud to announce that I got a job!




My new work place is a brasserie located in the Roppongi district (well-known as a high-end area where "clubbing ppl go" and, in my opinion, where "you see the most international couples(female-Japanese, male-foreigner) of any other areas in Japan"...you know what I mean) . This is a French bistro & cafe type of eatery. So yeah, for now I'm gonna have to commit to French cuisine, though I really wanted to learn Japanese...
I did have a big, big dilenma. At first I was planning on working at as many places as possible, shifting places like every 6 months or working at 2 places at the same time, so that I can learn as many types of cuisine and technics, foods, management... as humanly possible. But whenever I talked to random chefs  about my plans, I was always told at face "you just can't learn anything within 1 year!!! You gotta stick to one place and work over 1 year, if you wonna learn something". So I decided  it's better to listen to their advise, well at least I'm pretending to listen... (yup I said whatever to get a job in my job interview :p)



I happened to come across their ad on this site.
One of the qualifications needed for this job was an availability of 4 days or more per week (and then you'll find out later that they actually want you to work 6 DAYS per week...it's always like that... full of traps...).  And the wage was "1000yen or more" so it wasn't the worst.
I really sucked in the job intreview but somehow got thru...:p

Check it out

other site

So far it's been great; I think this place is ideal for me cuz now I can learn a wide range of things, basical and a little bit complecated, like how to "eplucher"=wash, peel, core, cut, etc. many types of foods, how to use pro kitchen tools(from a BIG slicer to something like Robo Coupe machine), as well as baking & decorating cakes.
Plus, the staff meals are reeeally yummmmy...
And above all,  people are nice, especially chefs:-)


With that said, some people are REALLY tough to get along with :p I know it's always like that if you work in a big team...
And the sex ratio is like 9.5 to 0.5 (men are dominant) so still feeling awkward...


But anyways, I'm really excited to be working here...
And it's a big relieaf that I'm no more a jobless person :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment