Thursday, April 12, 2012

About School

*****
Back to the time when I was still deciding whether or not quitting the job and entering school was the right thing to do, being not 100% sure that I wasn't just temporarily driven by Steve Job's death and his words, one of the biggest concerns was about money.
Living in Tokyo, we have several choices for culinary schools, and tuition differs a lot for schools and courses. But without exceptions, they are ALL expensive...
Here is an example of well-known schools in Tokyo, plus some others for comparison.

My mind was almost settled for a less expensive school but at the last minutes, I changed my mind for the most expensive one. It's my stupid phylosophy that " the more expensive, the better". I often doubt this myself though...
My course is night time, so I paid like 1,500,000yen, and yes it did hurt a bit...
I was a salary worker only for 2 years, so oviously I'm the bottom of the pyramid type of person, richness wise, but I managed to save money enough to go to school and still lead a peaceful life, thanks to my mom
who gave me a talent to live on a budget. (I'd hoard bananas, those damaged ones sold exremely cheap, and eat only these bananas for a whole day. I don't recomend this though for your selfesteem!)
(For people not used to Yen, here is US$ version:))

I wish I could go to Cordon Bleu (Paris most preferably) someday, but I guess it is and will be just too over my budget.big sigh.
btw, I have the first technical class today, which I'm so looking forward to. Today it's about knives. Sounds so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment