Saturday, April 14, 2012

Poland's best food ever.

This is "Paczki"
Polish donut.
(...which I heard is known as "jelly donut" in Americas...?)
Since I had the fisrt bite of this lovely donut in Poland, 
I've been in love till now.



It's very polish. And very tasty. And also very unhealthy.
It has only carbs and fat.



you gonna love it!


It has filling inside(usually konfitura =jam) and my favorite is MARMALADE!!
How many times did I try to get the original taste of paczki? Each time I change the ingredients and preparations, and it's getting better and better but still missing a lot of something, which remains mistery to me.

+++
What makes "paczki" different from any other donuts is(well it's just my opinion) ;

A)the dough is very rich. You put a lot of egg yolks , and other good and high calorie stuff like milk, butter, and sugar.
  So it's more of a deep-fried cake than just a donut.

B)You add a little bit of alcohol when mixing. (must be very strong type)
    I heard it lets the dough rise even easier and nicer when deep-fried.
   Plus it gives a nice flavor(especially RUM version:) though usually they use spiritus).

I miss how roughly they're piled up in shops
I don't like stereotypes but can't help thinking that these 2 elements(calories and alcohol) are soooo polish. We Japanese would've never come up with something so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment